Disclaimer: This list only includes blog writings. Published work can be found on my CV.
On Digital History
- What I’ve Been Up To: Text Mining, 15 Jan 2016
On Video Gaming
- The Oral History of MMOs, Play the Past, 3 Sep 2015
- Forgotten Spaces of Norrath: Why We Need a History of Digital Spaces, 20 May 2015
- Goodman and Ribbitribbit: How MMO Communities Memorialize, 28 Apr 2015
- Can entertaining video games be used to teach history?, 15 Jan 2015
- Hillbilly Jim: A “Dumb Hick” or a “Country Boy”, Sport in American History, 12 Mar 2018
- Baseball as Political Theater in the Virginias, Sport in American History, 12 Oct 2017
- Creating a “Very Good for a Railroad Town” Reputation: Baseball in Appalachian Virginia, 1890s, Sport in American History, 26 Jan 2017
- Reflections on Sport & Public History, NCPH 2016, Sport in American History, 25 Apr 2016
- Friends of Coal and Sport, Sport in American History, 28 Jan 2016
- A Confederate on Campus: Nathan Bedford Forrest as MTSU’s Mascot, Sport in American History, 24 Aug 2015
- My 1st SABR: A Conference Trip Report, 11 Aug 2015
- Reflecting on My Time at the Baseball Hall of Fame, 6 Apr 2015
- Professional Wrestling: A Sports/Queer History Mix-tape, 10 Mar 2015
- “A Secret Fascination”: Professional Wrestling, Gender Non-Conformity, and Masculinity, Sport in American History, co-authored with Elizabeth Catte, 5 Mar 2015
- What the heck is a Hall of Fame? Thoughts on Consecration and Museums, 3 Feb 2015
- Young, William A. J.L. Wilkinson and the Kansas City Monarchs: Trailblazers in Black Baseball. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 2017., Sport in American History, 15 Jan 2017
- Branson, Douglas M. Greatness in the Shadows: Larry Doby and the Integration of the American League. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press, 2016., Sport in American History, 18 Sep 2016
- Henig, Adam. Under One Roof: The Yankees, the Cardinals, and a Doctor’s Battle to Integrate Spring Training. Minneapolis, MN: Wise Ink Creative Publishing, 2016., Sport in American History, 27 Aug 2016.
- Trembanis, Sarah. The Set-Up Men: Race, Culture, and Resistance in Black Baseball. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Co., 2014., Sport in American History, 1 Jun 2015.