- Public Historian, Passel
- Clients include: National Park Service, C&O Canal Trust, Heritage Montgomery, Friends of Green Pastures
- Director of Collections & Technology, Jefferson-Madison Regional Library, Charlottesville, VA
- PhD, Public History, Middle Tennessee State University, 2016
- MA, History, West Virginia University, 2012
- MS, Statistics, Virginia Tech, 2007
- “Potomac-Shenandoah Confluence.” Co-authored. Cultural Landscape Report. National Capital Regional Office, National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior. 2019.
- “‘Our Only Alma Mater’: The Civilian Conservation Corps and the C&O Canal,” Special Research Project, C&O Canal National Historical Park, 2018.
- “Defending Person and Reputation: Efforts to End Extralegal Violence in Western Virginia, 1890-1900.” American Journal of Legal History, Vol. 58, no. 2 (2018).
- “Talk-Back Boards and Text Mining: New Digital Approaches in Museum Visitor Studies.” Current Research in Digital History, Vol. 1 (2018).
- “On Sport, Public History, and Public Sport History.” Journal of Sport History, Vol. 45, no. 1 (Spring 2018).
- “‘A Secret Fascination’: Professional Wrestling and Gender Non-Conformity.” In Wrestling with Identity, ed. Aaron Horton (Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 2018). Co-authored with Elizabeth Catte.
- “Clifton Forge and Back Again: Reflections on Sport and Public History,” International Journal of the History of Sport, Vol. 34, no. 5-6 (2017): 340-345.
- “The Edith Lett Papers: West Virginia, The Federal Writers’ Project, and the Everyman Writer.” West Virginia History: A Journal of Regional Studies. New Series, Vol. 10, no. 2 (Fall 2016): 111-132.
- “‘A Good Baseball Club is a Splendid Advertisement for a Town’: Baseball and the New South in Clifton Forge, Virginia.” Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 124, no. 3 (Fall 2016).
- Co-editor, Sport in American History, http://ussporthistory.com, 2016-present
- Co-editor, H-SPORT, 2015-present
- “The Wendell Smith Papers.” Digital archive and exhibit. National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. Launched September 2014.